Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Oh, It Has Been Too Long.

I had almost given up on writing here, my initial creative spark had fizzled out and I have not been on any adventures in these cold winter months so felt there was nothing really worth writing or sharing. But now this is all about to change as I have signed up and am starting two FutureLearn Online Courses. They have some really interesting courses from universities all over the world, and they're free, bonus! I think everyone should go and have a look.  https://www.futurelearn.com

The first course I signed up for Our Hungry Planet: Agriculture, People and Food Security (from the University of Reading) lasts six weeks and looks at how the food we grow, eat, buy and throw away relates to the global issue of food security.

The second, from the Open University which starts next week, called: Introduction to Ecosystems. This one is basically what it says on the tin, a look at the natural world and how the 'web of life' works, it is also a six week course.

I'm really looking forward to starting these courses and seeing how my opinion changes as I learn

No comments:

Post a Comment