Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Making A Mess

So my new curtains are up, they're a lot wider than I need so I need some tie backs for them. However getting my  room the way I want it is starting to get really expensive, so I decided to make some tie backs out of hemp, paper/card some beads and good ole mod podge. I'm really pleased with how they came out.


I mixed up some of my acrylic paints to get the colours I wanted and painted some thick paper, hooped one end of the hemp string and rolled the paper around the string. I separated the paper and beads by doing a simple knot and ended with another loop at the other end. Now I just need some hoops from B&Q tomorrow. I'm also waiting on amazon to send my purple and pink hemp out so I can make the rest in other colours.

No comments:

Post a Comment