Thursday, August 21, 2014

Spoon Challenge- Cats

I may do another cat picture tomorrow, I want to do something with colours too. But it depends on how Wibby is doing really. Seems he is getting worse, I suck at looking after him too though, I've known him since 1999 and never seen him poorly before.

Anyway, here is my picture. I really enjoyed using the charcoal for the first time

Charcoal and watercolour pencil

Photo taken by me 17/03/14

Daseep is a Sumatran tiger at Dudley Zoo, and was recently the poster child for Global Tiger Day, I am also one of her adopters. Although my charcoal drawing doesn't really look like her, (I just do not have the skill to copy her markings although I did try) she was my inspiration for this drawing. The 'squiggle' next to the eye is Chinese for tiger.

I adore tigers, I am tiger crazy, with the small Sumatrans like Daseep here my favourite. But they are so rare now, with poachers and the destruction of their habitats (this is why we stay away from palm oil kids) in as little as 20 years there may not be ANY tigers left. I will write a piece on this soon, but for now I urge you to read this website http://www.21stcenturytiger.org/ for more information on tigers and what this wonderful charity are doing to try and ensure they do not become extinct. 

No comments:

Post a Comment