Monday, August 18, 2014

The Spoon Challenge

So last night after a chat with Deb I learned about the spoon challenge SpoonChallenge A Month Of Drawing what a cool idea! What better way to learn to draw stuff than by being sent a daily challenge? After a trip to Halesowen I got some of those watercolour pencils, I actually went for some new brushes for my acrylics but the pencils were half price and seemed cool, I always liked colouring in as a kid. Sadly I've missed quite a few days of the challenge, but no time like the present to get started. Today's challenge was to draw a platypus. I wanted to make mine a tribal hippy platypus, but I've not found a way to layer colours with these pencils, if they can actually be layered. Wow I have so much to learn.

Anyway here's my hippy but not tribal attempt at drawing a platypus in an orange sea, I wanted to make a kind of tie dye effect with pinks and purples and green on it's body but just couldn't figure it out.


2 comments:

  1. Awesome sauce! .. And now I see why the platypus. I hadn't checked my email and just thought you had randomly chosen to draw one haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just like the word 'platypus' a lot, Rob is wondering why I am about the house randomly saying 'Platypus' (Like HORDOR) but he never watched Game of Thrones.

    ReplyDelete